Written by: Tom Alter
Common Cold Symptoms
The main symptoms of common cold are Runny nose, Sneezing, Tearing, Blocked nose, Sore throat, Cough and Headache.
Here is a list of some useful Home Remedies for Common Cold:
Home Remedies for Common Cold:
1) Dilute lime juice with honey to drink is the top application in cases of common cold attacks and this remedy is also fine Home Remedy for Common Cold.
2) Normal intake of Gooseberry in the winter season helps to boost body immunity against attack of common cold and cough.
3) Peppermint tea may also benefit during the common cold.
4) Ginger: (Zingiber officinale) Ginger extracts taken numerous times a day is a superb Home remedy for Common Cold and to treat coughs that accompany common colds.
5) The roots of the bitter gourd plant are used in folk medicine to treat a cold. A teaspoon of the root paste, mixed with an identical amount of honey or tulsi leaf juice, given once every night for a month, acts as an excellent medicine for colds. This is another effective Home Remedy for Common Cold.
6) In a cup of milk boil 1 tbsp of pepper powder with a pinch of turmeric. You can add some sugar for better taste. Drink this mixture once a day for three days.
7) Garlic soup is an old Home Remedy for Common Cold to reduce the harshness of a cold, and should be taken once daily. The soup can be made by boiling three or four cloves of chopped garlic in a cup of water. Five drops of garlic oil mixed with a teaspoon of onion juice, and diluted in a cup of water, should be taken two to three times in a day. This has also been found to be very useful in the common cold treatment.
8) For dry and stuffy nose, try usual saline or salt water nasal drops made by adding 1/4 teaspoon of table salt to about 4 ml lukewarm water. Make a fresh solution each few days keeping it in fridge. Use a clean dropper to fill 1 to 2 drops in each nostril about 3 to 4 times daily for common cold .
9) Lemon can be used successfully to treat common cold, as it raises the body resistance. Take one glass of warm water and pour some limejuice and a tsp of honey in it and take this once or twice daily. This is a good Home Remedy for Common Cold.
10) A tablespoon of carom seeds (ajwain) crushed and coupled in a muslin cloth and can be inhaled whenever nose is blocked.
11) 3-4 tsp onion juice with 3-4 tsp honey taken daily avoids cold.